Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Insect Biology




AustinK said...
THis is the second day here at Stone Labs for us. I am in the Entomology class. It is a lot of fun right now so I can't wait to see what is next!
September 14, 2007 3:57 PM

adnane said...
Hi, I am Adnane Rhazzal and this is my experience in Stone Lab.
I had a great time here in Stone Lab, I am taking entomology right now,and i am having fun! I can collect insects from different islands as put-in bay, gibraltar island, south bass island.
September 14, 2007 4:01 PM

adnane said...
We also can use row boats, which is so much fun! We can rides up in the lake with up to four people. We play volleyball with teachers and friends. The meals here are really tasty and i am glad i came here to learn and discover new things.
September 14, 2007 4:04 PM

AustinK said...
Sorry, I was just typing fast so that way I could say I had the first comment. (Yes, finally first in something!) To elaborate a bit more we started our day by leaving Metro about 20 minutes late and riding on the bus for two and a half hours. We got to see two movies, Superstar and Night at the Roxbury.

After we finally finished riding we got onto a fairie and went to Put-In Bay. After we made landfall we rode a bus to the other side of the island and got on a small OSU boat called the Gibraltor 3 to take us to Gibraltor Island. (Quite original at naming things, no?) We were on the boat for a whoping two minutes then were given our room assignments and unpacked our stuff then went to a short introduction as to what we would do here at Stone Labs.

At noon we ate lunch then went to our first classes. It was interesting since my Entemology teacher, Mr. Horn, also taught my aunt when she was working on her Masters for Entemology at OSU. We imediately went out to collect insects and were told to keep our collecting gear with us at all times. Later we went rowing, ate dinner, had our class continue at 7, and lastly slept in our dorms. I would post about the second day but it isn't over yet so you'll get to hear about that tomorrow.
September 14, 2007 4:08 PM